About the author
- Olivier Biot
- Dutch: mother tongue
- French: mother tongue
- English: excellent
- Portuguese: very good
- German: Good (speaking)
- Spanish: Good (speaking)
- 1993-1999: Universiteit Gent (Ghent, Belgium): Engineering degree in telecommunications (M.Sc.)
- 1988-1993: Onze-Lieve-Vrouwecollege (Antwerp, Belgium)
- 1986-1988: Lycée Molière (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 1983-1986: Onze-Lieve-Vrouwecollege (Antwerp, Belgium)
September 2004 - Now: SIRRIS (formerly known as WTCM-CRIF)
- I work as a technology advisor for software engineering.
December 1999 - August 2004: Siemens
- I have been working for Siemens where I performed the translation of market requirements into technical product requirements for software development in the Mobile Internet domain.
- I became an expert in the WAP technology, and have been a delegate to the WAP Forum standardization body (whose work continues in the Open Mobile Alliance).
- Next to the definition of projects I also performed some research in the presence domain.
- I am very grateful to Ethereal (now WireShark) since it helped me (and many others) in finding protocol and other errors in record time. As a counterpart I have contributed patches and dissectors, mainly in the WAP area.
- In fact, there are too many things to list here :)
- Interest in nature and landscapes hence: hiking, biking, mountains, nature photography and filming, astronomy, many sciences.
- Video editing, reading, and lots of music.
- Former contributor to the Ethereal protocol analyzer (mainly WAP and HTTP, occasional other protocol families).
- See my Ohloh profile:
- Occasional contributor to the JAlbum web album generator, more precisely for enhancements on the ExhibitPlus skin used on my online photo album.
- Occasional contributor to Drupal, a very popular open source content management server and community platform.
- Cooking, wining & dining.