Spread the word
You just wrote a blog post that you believe might be useful for others. Here's a simple way to lower the threshold for readers to bookmark and spread the word about your featured post: Share This. This neat Drupal module will display a "Share This" widget, where your audience can select their preferred soclai networking site where they want to share your words.To get it running:
- Download the Share This module, unpack and upload the "sharethis" directory to your Drupal's "sites/all/modules" directory.
- Log in with Drupal administrator privileges and enable the "Share This" module.
- Configure the user permissions (visit your site's "admin/user/permissions" and search for "sharethis"):
- Anonymous users should be able to use this module
- Leave configuration options for this module for a privileged admin role
- Configure how the module should work (visit your site's "admin/settings/sharethis"):
- Code: leave blank
- Node types: pick the node types you want the "Share This" widget to appear on. I set it to all but groups.
- Display in teaser view: tick if you want to display the "Share This" widget in your node teasers. That's what I did.
- Where to display: you can choose between 'node' and 'links'. I left it on 'links'; this way the "Share This" widget appears where post links appear (at the bottom of a post or teaser in my Drupal theme).
- Weight: I left this parameter to 0; you can change the position of the "Sharee This" widget by sinking (higher weight) or floating (lower weight) the widget.
- Click "Save Configuration" and you're ready to let your audience spread the word!